Our client is a very successful international company specializing in diagnostics and food safety issues. As part of an owner-managed and dynamically growing group of companies, our client distributes an innovative product portfolio for a variety of industries in over 100 countries around the world. They are committed to provide customers with high-quality innovative technologies that are easy-to-use and reliable, backed by excellent customer service and support. Within this active environment, we are currently filling the responsible and diverse position as
CSO (m/f/d) – Chief Science Officer
Europe (Germany, UK) or USA
As Chief Science Officer you are responsible for the overall scientific and research mission, with the objective of creating scalable and sustainable strategies for continued growth. This executive role will direct and oversee all aspects of research and development, including the operations and teams within. The focus of your role will be to stay up to date on industry trends, new technologies, to advice the organization regarding scientific matters and to partner with the CEO and executive team on new acquisitions. The following areas of responsibilities should be taken on:
- Managing the global R&D budget.
- Provide scientific guidance and oversight as it pertains to strategic and operating decisions, setting strategy and performance goals, aligning priorities with those of the companies overall mission.
- Protect and secure the company’s IP, maintain patent portfolio and manage to generate new IP for the company that will allow continued growth
- Develop R&D partnerships with leading universities
- Participate in industry groups to enhance the image as an industry leader, generating new business leads and strengthening market intelligence.
For this varied, responsible position, you will have a doctorate degree in a Life Science discipline preferable Biochemistry, Chemistry but not excluding microbiological discipline, or a comparable degree as well as relevant professional experience in the industry. In addition, you are characterized by:
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an executive capacity, setting strategy, guiding, and building teams
- Ideally practical and working knowledge of molecular biology techniques, bioinformatics, genetics, microbiology, biochemistry Health and Safety
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies
- Project management skills and experience
- Good understanding of customers and market, and industry associations and networks.
- Working knowledge of Design Control Processes
Opportunities and Perspectives
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial way in a global fast-growing environment, developing new technologies and trends at the market leader and driving further growth.
Are you interested in a extremely interesting and varied job in the Life Science and Biotech industry? Then we will be glad to receive your application documents while maintaining the strictest confidentiality and blocking notices. If you have any questions, our contact person will be happy to answer them by phone.