Our client is a very successful globally active company specialized in diagnostics and food safety issues. Being part of an owner-managed, dynamically growing corporate group, our client distributes an innovative product portfolio for a variety of industries in more than 100 countries around the world. The company is committed to provide customers with high-quality innovative technologies, easy-touse, reliable, and backed by excellent customer service and support. Within this dynamic, international environment, we are currently filling the challenging and versatile position as
CSO (m/f/d) – Chief Science Officer
Europe (Germany, UK) or USA
In this executive role you take responsibility for the overall scientific and research mission, with the aim of creating scalable and sustainable strategies for continued growth. You direct and supervise all aspects of research and development, including the operations and teams within. Further tasks on your agenda will be:
- Management of the global R&D budget
- Scientific guidance and supervision regarding strategic and operating decisions, setting strategy and performance goals, aligning priorities with those of the company’s overall mission.
- Protect and secure the company’s IP, maintain patent portfolio, and manage to generate new IP that will allow continued growth
- Development of R&D partnerships with leading universities
- Participate in industry groups to enhance the image as an industry leader, generating new business leads and strengthening market intelligence.
You combine an entrepreneurial mindset with a PhD/doctoral degree in a Life Science discipline (preferably Biochemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology) or a comparable degree as well as relevant professional experience. In addition, you convince with:
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies
- Profound project management skills and experience
- Good understanding of customers and market as well as industry associations and networks
- Hands-on experience regarding Design Control Processes
Opportunities and Perspectives
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial way in a global fast-growing environment, developing new technologies and trends at the market leader and driving further growth.
Are you interested in a extremely interesting and varied job in the Life Science and Biotech industry? Then we will be glad to receive your application documents while maintaining the strictest confidentiality and blocking notices. If you have any questions, our contact person will be happy to answer them by phone.